Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Devon, Amanda & Baby Girl Alcala!!
Whew!!! Where do I start. I has been a long while since I have been on here. After looking back through my posts I regret not keeping up with life events.
As you can see things have been busy for the Alcala Family. In November of 2011, Devon and I learned that we were expecting our first baby. It brought a lot of excitement and we are so happy. We were trying for over a year and looking back it is amazing to look back now and think how its all in the lords time. We just found out a little over a week ago that Baby Alcala is a girl. Devon is beyond excited and cant wait to spoil her. I am now seven months and am starting to feel it. Baby girl is due 1st week of August and I can wait to meet her.I think about what she will look like daily and just cant imagine what our little girl will look like. I cant believe how much I already love this little one and how much our lives will change when she arrives. What an scary exciting adventure that is in store for us.
I am still going to school and have two semesters left until I will receive my Masters/Teaching license in Curriculum and Instruction. This past semester was my most difficult, with being pregnant but I was able to push through. Devon has continued to support me and been my biggest cheerleader. He has helped me to keep pushing and not give up. I know without his support I wouldnt be where I am today. I have also receive much love and support from my nanny family. What a blessing moving to VA has been. In July I will have lived in VA for four years. Within those four years things have changed so much. I have found my best friend, married him, starting my masters program, and now expecting a little one. While I miss my family a lot, I dont regret the decision I made four years ago to move here and work for such a great family.
I am still nanny for Mo and Scott. Mo is now 12 and Scott is 8. Crazy, I know. Reading my past posts brought tears to my eyes and helped me to see how far we have all come.
Things are great. Life is good.
Alcala Fam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So. Freaking. Crazy. I had a dream about you last week that you were expecting and we were hanging out like old times. And I woke up and thought I wanted to get a hold of you and see if you were still in school and nannying, etc. Then you read my mind and blogged it all for me! I am way excited for you guys - so excited it is a girl (my first had better be a girl....not pregnant by the way). Please update again before next year.
Post a Comment