So Tuesday was quite the day. Morgan has been at Tennis Camp from 9-12 everyday the past couple weeks so we have had a lot of time to hang out together. Tuesday I decided to treat her to my favorite place to go for lunch. We went to Fuddruckers and had some great grub. While waiting for our I gave her $1 and told her she could play some games while we waited for our food, but she wasnt getting anymore money. So she plays the Claw game where you get a stuffed animal and apparently she wanted this Duck really bad. She tried twice and lost both times. She then threw the biggest tantrum because she said she was so close to getting it and wanted one more try. I explained to her our agreement and told her she wasnt getting anymore money. Boy, did that not go over well. After many "I hate yous" and pleading her case I told her it was time to go. Tears contined to pour out and more "I hate yous" At this point I was a little frustrated and was like "What am I going to do?"
On the way home she asked me if I could put on her KIDsBOP cd and but iton #14. So, I did. She then says "This is what I want to say to you" The song "Sorry" by BUckCherry came on and as I listed to some of the lyrics I begin to cry. Here are some of them
"I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry you're blueI'm sorry about all the things I said to you And I know I can't take it back"
So here we are now, both crying in the car. Wow, I am a dork. As we get out, I kneel to her at eye level and thank her for the song. She then falls into my arms, at this point sobbing, saying "Sorry" And at that moment all my frustration was gone.
2 comments:
wow that even made cry. That is sweet. :)
Oh precious! That's awesome Manda. I just found your little blog here. Check mine out: recordingruri.blogspot.com
Love ya!
Post a Comment